Free Home Phone

Home Phone Service

Government Assisted Home Phone Service

Government Free Phone

If you qualify for Lifeline government home phone service, you could get your prepaid phone service started for very little money down and pay as little as $20.70/mo* +tax to renew after your free month.

To qualify for government assisted Lifeline home phone service, you must be currently enrolled in one of the following government assistance programs** or your household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines:

If you receive benefits from one or more of the above programs, you are qualified for our Lifeline home phone service. You'll need to fill out and sign a self certification form and provide proof of participation in the qualifying program. If you are qualifying based on your income, you'll need to provide proof of household income.

Order Now!


* monthly rate varies from state to state.
** If you qualify for Lifeline by participating in one of the government programs listed above, you must provide proof of your participation such as: Notice letter of participation (award letter), Medicaid Card, SNAP Card, statement of benefits letter, other official document showing a member of your house receives benefits.

Federal Poverty Guidelines for 2018 (135%)

You can qualify for Lifeline government assisted home phone service if your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Use the table below to find the income level for the number of people in your house hold. Compare that to your total household income.

# in Household Lower 48
/ DC
1 $16389
2 $22221
3 $28053
4 $33885
5 $39717
6 $45549
7 $51381
8 $57213
Each Additional Person $5832

If you are qualifying for Lifeline phone service based on income, you must provide one of the following forms of proof:

  • Divorce decree, child support award, or other official financial document containing income information for at least three month's time.
  • Federal or Tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
  • The prior year's state, federal, or Tribal tax return
  • Three consecutive months worth of income statements from an employer or paycheck stubs within the current calendar year
  • Social Security statement of benefits
  • Retirement / Pension statement of benefits
  • Veterans Administration statement of benefits
  • Unemployment / Workman's Compensation statement of benefits